Food security, as history shows the example of the USSR and the Russian Empire, no less important than the ideological, informational, economic, defence etc. Often in disputes with the anti-Soviet were born in the USSR and experienced food insufficiency in the late 80’s early 90’s, I have to remind that the food industry of the USSR worked with overproduction, the country consumed products in 95% is produced inside, and the food was definitel created artificially by the compradors in power, for the stall system. That should teach history? The fact that the USSR decided the food safety issue on a level with the rest of the components for the survival of the vast country.
As developed in the tragic events before the collapse of the Soviet Union and in what condition it now in a stunning article by Elena Krementsova.
During the restructuring of the country deliberately made it so that the food coupons issued
Food is the most important strategic resource. Security and national defense depend on it as well as the presence of nuclear weapons. But today in the debates discuss one thing: there will be war or not, and who we will attack Europe or the United States. Gentlemen, Yes we have long been attacked! But we haven’t heard a single word about the situation on the home front of the day – import substitution in agriculture and food. And this is no accident.
Now domestic products account for 55 per cent of the food purchases of the population. In gorbachevska the Soviet Union there were more than 95 percent. Food security is considered guaranteed at 80 percent. If the figure is below 50, then the enemy can take out a country with his bare hands.
Yes, in the blessed Soviet times, green peas, sausage or cheese in regions not enough meat at affordable even for students the price we had to stand in queues. But buy at the market or “to get” under the counter at double-triple the price could be almost anything. Except that pineapple-bananas and other fruit overseas.
Alcohol at the time of the reforms was the strong currency…
Even in 1987, food production grew at a faster rate than population growth and wages. The production increase compared to 1980 in the meat industry amounted to 135 per cent, in butter and cheese – 131 in fish – 132, milling – 123. The average salary increased by 19 percent. All the enterprises of the food industry was working at full capacity and without interruption. But at the end of 1988, even in Moscow, where the inhabitants of nearby towns and sent people took out everything that could “get it”, there were coupons. Soon already on them to buy something is nearly impossible. For days people stayed in the queues, every three hours arranging the roll call. Almost fought and wondered: where are all suddenly gone, down to the tobacco?
The conclusion is only one: the deficit was created artificially, and not at the stage of production and distribution. And the best proof: 1 January 1992, began Gaidar’s “shock therapy”, and on January 2, grocery store shelves had already been filled. Products every day expensive sometimes more than 30 percent.
…in the flea market at the shops, killing hundreds of people
– There is a document: speech by the future first mayor of Moscow Gabriel Popov on inter-regional deputies group, where he said that it is necessary to create such a situation with food that the food coupons issued, ” said Yurii Prokof’ev, first Secretary of the Moscow city Committee of the Communist party in 1989 – 1991. This aroused the indignation of the workers and their performances against the Soviet power.
Yuri Luzhkov, then the “nachprod” of Moscow, explained the onset of the disruption. They say, “meat in Moscow we could put much more to meet the demand, but the front discharge refrigerated sections does not allow. Because they do not have enough access roads, the fridge will not have time to upload”.
Democrats, whose religious moved by this nonsense: exactly the same across bureaucratic sabotage and provocation, in February 1917, the liberals artificially created interruptions in the supply of Petrograd to overthrow Nicholas II. Now in Moscow committees were established to combat sabotage. Naive enthusiasts went to them with a simple idea: refrigerated section with frozen meat can be served directly on the access roads of the Moscow factories-giants. For example the space-rocket them. Khrunichev, which employs about 80 thousand workers of metallurgical plant “hammer and Sickle” and “Moskvich” with 20-thousand groups and others. The trade Union committees all would be distributed, the workers unloaded, but no. In this arrangement, none of the meat would not get to the dealers. But was unaware workers: this new class of shopkeepers-shadow nurtured perestroika.
With these restrictions intentionally ignited separatistkie mood. People were told that all their troubles because of the neighbors
In the television show “600 seconds” in 1989 -1991 years were regularly shown, as trucks from the regions at the entrances to both capitals dumped “coupon” foods in the ditch, since they were not allowed into the city.
– Came stock with meat, butter. Go guys to unload, as always, the students. Them on the way saying, “you money, get out to you and it wasn’t close,” recalled Nikolai Ryzhkov, Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR in 1985 – 1990. He was the first declassified, as bursting to sole power , Boris Yeltsin, to discredit his rival Gorbachev, one day stopped “for repairs” 26 tobacco factories of the 28 available! So the country has gone cigarette.
– Government regulations for the procurement of imported goods dumped gold reserves of the Soviet Union, says Mikhail Poltoranin, the former press Minister and an ardent supporter of Yeltsin, became Chairman of its government. The gold flowed abroad, and under the guise of “foreign” was often categorized as “native”. For example, in the ports of Leningrad, Riga or Tallinn court was loaded with cheap grain, skirted by sea Spain Greece and came to Odessa with “imported” food wheat at $120 per ton.
The dealers were operating openly. People began to leave the square, demanding to stop the looting of the country. This reaction was achieved by the Democrats, the whole restructuring.
LUZHKOV and POPOV hid products from residents at the departmental warehouses.
As the economy is falling apart
* January 1, 1987 – the day of the conception of the party-nomenklatura business. Earlier the monopoly of Ministry of international trade and the state Committee for economic relations for export and import operations immediately get 20 ministries and 70 large enterprises. Their leadership and the performers are at a state.
* 28 January 1987, the start of the creation of the “Komsomol economy”. Across the country under the aegis of the Komsomol Central Committee formed the Centers of scientific and technical creativity of youth (TSNTTM). Task – introduction of new technologies in all spheres of the national economy. It was a goldmine for profit. Less than six months, the Law on state enterprise (Association) authorized the operation, which before would have been shot: the conversion of non-cash money into cash. The exclusive right to cashing gave it TSNTTM. For the future enrichment of the two groups of future business elite: the leadership of state-owned enterprises themselves creative centers.
Shelves in stores were empty already in 1988…
The service took from 18 to 33 per cent, five per cent deducted to the coordinating Council of the party Committee. In its activities “Komsomol” involved relatives and acquaintances to organize a bogus temporary centers, including the “interest” of Directors. So began the development of corruption schemes. Lead TSNTTM “Menatep”, headed by Mikhail Khodorkovsky. His associates were Leonid Nevzlin and unsinkable with the Yeltsin era , Vladislav Surkov, is now assistant to the President of the Russian Federation. Competitors – Vladimir Preobrazhensky, the future Vice-President of Inkombank and VimpelCom, Wimm-bill-Dann food Products”, Sergei Lisovsky, who became famous “thing about the box from under the copier” with $538 thousands of cash. Many owners of the mass media, and landowners.
* May 26, 1988 law “On cooperation in the USSR” gives the opportunity for the deputies to form cooperatives and jointly with foreign enterprises. Mainly for the export of goods abroad in order to accumulate currency. Be the first shadow from among the dedicated leaders of regulatory organizations, the anti-corruption squad, the KGB and other security agencies associated with the criminal world. But with the CMEA countries and the Soviet Union, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the GDR, Mongolia, Vietnam, Albania, Cuba, international settlements were conducted in transferable rubles. The cost of one was to 0.987412 grams of pure gold. It was kind of the first in the world of virtual solid supranational currency are not subject to cashing.
* In 1990, Gorbachev and Ryzhkov forced SEV to make a decision that will trade only in dollars. The CMEA dollars there. “Rescue” all of the IMF and the world Bank. Creating a demand for American money, Gorbachev was deprived of his home country markets, planned revenues and gave the US control over the entire zone of influence of the USSR. That immediately affected the food market. The new bourgeoisie began to take out from our warehouses everything from butter, fish and meat to cereals, condensed milk, sugar and dried fruit. And not only in the CMEA countries – in Germany, for example, for trips abroad and currency from Bashkiria meat drove trains, but in the UK, not okuchit the USSR, Africa and India.
* 26 December 1991 the Soviet Union ceased to exist. And in the morning came the law “On urgent measures on implementing land reform in RSFSR”. Began forced mass de-collectivisation and the accelerated planting in the village, criminal and oligarchic capitalism.
About how Boris Yeltsin finished off agriculture and eliminated the food security of the country, we are told in the article”Yeltsin has betrayed his Homeland, and his people.” It is worth to add just a fact: according to expert estimates, the foreigners through nominees by 2013, bought about 3 million hectares of the best farmland in our country. In the far East for a long time hosted by the Chinese, and the rest of Russia is about one million hectares of arable land is controlled or owned by the Europeans and Kazakhs. Although officially the purchase and sale of arable land, exorbitant crime.
With the coming to power of Vladimir Putin , subsidies to agriculture increased slightly. At a meeting on agricultural policy 19 may 2008 the head of state said that Russia needs to become a major player in the global food market. And to insure themselves against sharp fluctuations in food prices. But the things are there.
As Gorbachev has created an artificial shortage of food
Total debt agriculture – more than two trillion rubles. Even if it simple, without direct investment, supplies of tractors and other expensive equipment the Russian peasantry, according to Director of JSC “state Farm. Lenin Pavel Grudinina, not up to the task of import substitution in the food sector. Because at 25 percent the rate on loans, only the insane dare to carry out the sowing campaign on borrowed money. The Ministry of agriculture admitted that in 2015 the peasants EN masse refuse from loans, but at the end of February for seasonal work issued for 33% less money than in the past. To purchase fertilizers, seeds, plant protection products and other components of the sowing campaign. But no program relationship with the farmers the government does not. The state does not support farmers, and only banks. In the state program of rural development until 2020 is written that we still need to ensure that the wage in the agricultural sector accounted for as much as half of the salary in industry. Who among the young will go to the village to work hard for the money? The question is rhetorical.
At the entrance to a large city were trains with food, but to unload they are not allowed. Escalate protests
* In 1990, at the expense of the State covered 50 percent of the food requirements of the population of subsidized regions of the country. Expended during the year, the stock is comparable to four years of the great Patriotic war. This measure prevented a social explosion. At the moment, the state Reserve stocks can provide everyone in the country everything needed for three months.
* In 1992, Russia officially entered the number of half-starved countries. The average citizen of our country “eat” only 2040 calories per day. Reasonable medicine the norm – 2600 calories. According to the world food organization the power level of 2150 calories mean starvation. In the USSR the level of per capita consumption amounted to 2590 calories, in USA – 3350.
GAIDAR starved country
* Yegor Gaidar was very proud of the fact that from 1992 on the shelves it was. Thus by 1999 the consumption of meat and meat products declined compared with “hungry” in 1990 to 44 percent, milk and dairy products – 47, fish – by 51 percent. The result is a sick generation of children whose childhood fell on the years of reform