Jul 19, the Nicaraguan people marked the anniversary of the Sandinista revolution, the immediate successor of the Cuban revolution. Now Latin America is not “flaming continent”, but certainly “smoldering” because the former fuse disappeared and went out, just slowly and patiently waiting for his new “Che”. When he breaks through is an open question. Yes, now the region is experiencing a right turn, but the spiral of History is inexorable and objective. Sooner or later, the “mole of history” will do the trick and will come out. Meanwhile, I propose to plunge into the atmosphere of festive Managua:
1. On July 19 1979, the Sandinista national liberation front put an end to the dictatorship of Somoza. The current generation of young people remembers this date.
2.Black-red gamma color sandinismo. Black – the color of memory and grief for the dead, red is the color of blood spilled.
3. In the centre of the demonstrations – Venezuela flag. And this is not by accident. Now Nicaragua is included in the Bolivarian Alliance, which is led by Venezuela. As for me as ALBA (Bolivarian Alliance) is in some sense an analogue of the Soviet, CMEA, is a historical inertia, saved Venezuela. And Nicaragua is also on the way.
4. The historic leader of the Sandinista revolution and current President of the country Daniel Ortega.
5. The elements of the Latin American carnival in conjunction with the memory of Chavez.
6. Very poetic photo. If the shadow is Chavez in Managua…
7. “Long live Sandino”. T-shirts written: “Go ahead! Always forward!”
8. The flags of the party and the country are inseparable.
9. And again, Chavez… Chavez heart of my homeland – it is written on the poster. The leader of the Bolivarian revolution and at the heart of Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Cuba. In some hearts it’s beating in Russia.
It’s not an anniversary is just an anniversary. It would seem that checkpoint date. But there it was. Rallies like saying that people understand that there is something to lose and as it assures us that the current right turn in Latin America will not relate to Nicaragua that it is a historical accident, through which the Sandinista revolution will be like a knife through butter. With the holiday, Ortega and the Nicaraguan people! Cuban, Sandinista and the Bolivarian revolution are United, and who knows who will be their next successor…